Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Are We There Yet?

Good morning - well almost afternoon now.

The end is near - the end of law school that is - and I am hoping that the next ten or so days go by with unfettered speed. How glorious be the day when I can say that I am done with this place. Don't get me wrong the people (well, a select few) are great, but overall what a long and tiresome journey. Three long years, all boiling down to three months, two days, and...One Test.

What a rigourous process the bar exam has already been. Everytime I turn around it seems that I am handing out money for this test. Fifteen here, three thousand there, another 875...outrageous. But, the most egregious fee of them all was the great state of new york charging me THIRTY DOLLARS for a copy of my OWN birth certificate. Shock. My loving parents were kind enough to scurry to the county office to deal with the bridge-dwelling trolls that operate it, and expedite me a copy. So come Thursday mine and Bigs applications are in the mail. Thank the lord.

I'm becoming increasingly nervous for this test, but I think that it will be manageable. I hope that I have the attention span and the mental wear with all to be able to focus for eight weeks straight.

Nothing tragic happened to me on the MBTA this morning, sorry to say. The ride was seamless and the only down side was that I was stuck between two tubby men both with iPhones in oppoiste hands, meaning that their elbows were digging in both sides of my body.

Well, I'm off to lunch with Frack so we can pick a new hair color for her. Sorry this post was a little lackluster, but go BRUINS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment