Monday, May 24, 2010

Crushing the Bar Exam

Hi all - I apologize that it has been so long since my last post! I was on "vacation" if you could really call it that...and now studying for the Bar has commenced. What a process, but I will say that for the last few days I have actually enjoyed the studying process because I actually feel like I am leaning something. Hopefully this will continue the next 10 weeks.

Big and I celebrated our two year anniversary yesterday - hard to believe! It does not feel like its been that long at all. Well, I suppose that is a good thing. He is studying for the Bar as well and we are doing well together through this process. It's nice to have the support but its tough when one of us has a meltdown...

On our way home from hockey last night, we started talking about kids we would someday have, and he has already implemented some rules for them - good ones - but I wonder if when the time comes we will have some very different parenting styles. I found myself wondering if the main goal for raising kids was to just have them come out less fucked up than we are. Personally, I think my parents did a great job. They treated me as an adult from the second I was born and really let me make my own decisions, and i USUALLY made the right ones :) but when I didn't I wasn't grounded or punished, I was just told that I had disappointed them, which honestly was much worse than being in trouble. I guess we all turned out ok, but for the ladies I will say that it is outrageously difficult to overcome the 25+ years of bad parenting that our significant others have had - I guess there is some truth to what my dad says "There is a reason that mother in-laws are universally loathed" lol. I love that guy.

Speaking of parents and in-laws, my parents are coming to beantown this weekend to see their only offspring graduate law school. Now, I'm not too excited about the actual ceremony, but I am pumped about the sswweeeeetttt robes we are wearing. They look they are made for people joining the Skulls. Big heavy black robes with velvet stripes on the sleeves with purple and gold hoods. Crazy, but pretty bad ass. I'm glad the fam will be here - it's sad getting ready for that big move and thinking about little I will actually see them. Maybe they will join their aging friends and become snowbirds themselves six months out of the year.

--Just a side note, I am madly in love with Justin Beiber, I have listened to about 10 songs from him just while writing this...he's a dreamboat ---

To those studying for the Bar, good luck and we will all get through this, and for those of you who are not, enjoy your week and the nice weather! Take care everyone!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment